Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Taking care of 'YOU": Eating well and sleeping good

I learnt it hard and it had to be fast. In May, 2010, I had to be admitted at a local hospital - the reason a bacterial infection and anemia. At the age of 25, getting admitted at hospital for anemia, which I hold responsible for my reduced immunity level that made a casual bacterial infection into a terrible disease.

It only reflected my not-so-healthy personal hygiene habits.
It is not usual for me to skip breakfast for a day or two. Neither is it unusual for me to stay awake as late as 1 or 2 am and wake up as late as 8 or 9 am. (Now you know the reason why I skip my breakfast).
These habits seem to have its toll on my body. The irregular eating and sleeping habits finally gave way to a weakling body an a disheartened soul. Of all things, it effected one of the things I enjoy doing - my work. I really missed my office and my work during the week-long stint at the hospital.
And that did the magic for me! The magic to change my habits and behaviour for good.
Now, I never seem to skip my breakfast of anyother meal of the day. Except for the days of late night power cuts, I never found myself staying awake after 11 pm. Though I couldn't bring myself get up early, I don't seem to sleep till 8 am in the morning.
And thats the two main  habits - eating and sleeping, which if you keep as routine as possible, can save you a lot of time and trouble, most importantly your health.

1 comment: